Junky’s Its Called Oil Pulling
The world of health and wellness brings us yet again another fabulous trick to keep us at our best, but what the…is Oil Pulling???
Oil Pulling is an Ayurvedic practice (Ayurveda translates to the science of life, holistic practice of medicine and healing, the first system to reveal the mind-body connection. 5,000 year old system of holistic medicine developed by the sages of India).
Junkys…it is time to discover and try something new! I am right with you on the discovery journey! I am personally starting to do this easy trick and will keep you posted on my journey. So what are we getting ourselves into?
Benefits of Oil Pulling
- Improved dental hygiene, healthier and pinker gums
- Reduce plaque on teeth
- Whiter and shinier teeth
- Boost metabolism
- Increased morning energy, skip the coffee!
- Hangover remedy
- Mental clarity
- Boost immune system
- Aid digestion
How To Oil Pull
Guidance from Kobi Kenzo www.kobiskitchen.com
- Put a tablespoon of sesame oil into your mouth.
- Start swishing it around while doing the dishes; practicing a yoga pose or doing whatever chores need to get done around the house. Yes we love to multi-task! Ideally to reep most benefits we do oil-pulling while seated quietly in meditation upright, still and present, mentally focusing on the oil pulling. If you can’t sit for 15 -20 min no judgment, we do the best we can with what we can.
- Spit out the pulled oil in the toilet! Always spit out the oil in the toilet, since the bacteria may be harmful if spat in the sink. It should be a milky, watery substance. This means that the oil is pulled and you did it for long enough. If your mouth feels oily after, or the oil was clear, then you didn’t pull long enough.
- Rinse out your mouth with warm salty water (sea salt), and follow up with a good brushing using toothpaste or whatever cleanser you prefer.
Important Things You Need to Know
- Always use cold-pressed, unrefined oil.
- Oil pull on an empty stomach, preferably first thing in the morning.
- Don’t swallow the oil because it will be filled with very toxic pathogens once pulled.
- I recommend rinsing out your mouth with warm salty water, then following up with a thorough brushing.
- ALWAYS brush your teeth immediately after oil pulling.
- Try to let your toothbrush dry thoroughly before using it again.
- I recommend rotating oils after continued use to get the maximum benefit.
- Try your best to sit still while pulling, but let’s be real — life is busy.