Matcha teas and lattes have been dominating the health industry but Matcha is beyond sipping now! Introducing a new way to have fun with your Matcha powder in the kitchen!
Matcha not only tastes delicious but is a nutritional powerhouse! Just to name a few reasons…
*Packed with antioxidants
*Rich in fiber
*Enhances mood and aids in concentration
*Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
*Helps to detoxify effectively and naturally
Try out this awesome recipe for Matcha Almond Cups adapted from Matcha Ninja. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free friendly!
(The peanut butter was swapped for almond butter only because it’s what was in my house!)
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter
1. Melt cocoa butter in a double boiler, transfer to a medium sized bowl and whisk in matcha powder.
2. Stir in cashew butter and sweetener.
3. Divide cocoa butter mixture in half. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons (depends how thick you want the cups!) into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
4. Place liners on a tray and let set in freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon almond butter into each cup and top with an additional tablespoon of the cocoa butter mixture to create a top layer.
6. Return to freezer for about 15 minutes to set