Is it just me or does there still seem to be an excuse even after the holidays to go out and indulge in anything and everything?! Living in the city, we tend to lead busy, stressful lives, which for some of us invite the desire to go out and blow off steam and indulge in a few more cocktails and bites than our bodies will thank us for.
It seems like we are always trying to find some sort of balance between one thing and another and trust me, as an entrepreneur and small business owner, I am no stranger to this and am constantly trying to create a balance between work and personal life. Making sure I save some quality ‘me’ time during the week is something I need to remind myself of often and have to continue to work on. While I may not have mastered the art of living a balanced lifestyle ….yet, thankfully as a Certified Holistic Nutritionist & yogi, I do have a few tricks up my sleeve for creating a healthy balance of fun nights out into not-so-dreadful mornings or days!
Here are a few simple ways to restore and recharge your body after indulging:
- First and foremost – hydration is always a major key into feeling great! As the drinks and salty snacks pile up, so does dehydration in your body, leaving it feeling depleted the next day, do your best to stay on track of your water intake – try to aim for minimum 2-3L / day regularly, and increasing the amount on days of indulgence! My fave is alkaline water from Flow Water.
- TRY INCORPORATING KOMBUCHA
- Kombucha, is a fermented tea full of amino acids, antioxidants and probiotics, it helps give you a boost and cleanses the body. Kombucha will help to detoxify your liver, relieves headaches, cell regeneration, rids body of free radicals, reduces blood pressure, put you in a great mood AND tastes amazing in a variety of flavours! Having kombucha the day after a night out, or even mixing it in throughout the night will help you to feel better the next day. My new fave if from Just Shut Up & Try It!
- EPSOM SALT BATH
- Your body can lose a lot of minerals through the intake of alcohol or processed foods, one of the most essential minerals that can become depleted is magnesium – replenishing the body with an Epsom salt bath is a great and relaxing way to fuel the body back up absorbing the magnesium. Epsom salts are also rich in sulphates that aids in absorption of nutrients and assist the body to attain a right nutrient balance more rapidly.
- GET TO YOGA
- Get to Yoga! Yoga is my saving grace. When I am stressed and crazy busy, I carry all my tension in my traps, neck and shoulders. Regular massages aren’t always an option so yoga literally saves my life. For one, it seriously helps to melt my tension. I always leave a yoga class feeling like I got a massage. Full disclosure, I have a TOUGH time sitting and meditating, for me the only time I can truly shut it off is when I am doing yoga, I consider this my moving meditation. It isn’t about perfection, it is about progress. Just do your best that’s all anyone can do.